Revati murder case: Six accused booked under Gangster Act
Muzaffarnagar: Six persons accused in the
murder case of Revati Singh, wife of senior BJP leader Hukum
Singh, have been booked under the Gangster Act here, a senior
police official said on Sunday.
The accused - Ravi, Jashod, Shankar, Pradeep, Ashok
and Sunil - who are already in jail in the connection with the
case, were booked under the Gangster Act yesterday, SP (City)
Kirshanbahadur Singh said.
The police have been able to recover only Rs 12,000
and two gold rings from Pradeep, who was earlier taken into
six days custody to recover the looted cash and ornaments, he
Revati Singh (75), wife of senior BJP leader Hukum
Singh, was murdered and Rs 68 lakhs in cash and ornaments were
looted from their house on July 30, 2010.
Rs 52,80,000 of the looted amount was later recovered
from the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country