Revati murder case: Six accused booked under Gangster Act
Muzaffarnagar: Six persons accused in the
murder case of Revati Singh, wife of senior BJP leader Hukum
Singh, have been booked under the Gangster Act here, a senior
police official said on Sunday.
The accused - Ravi, Jashod, Shankar, Pradeep, Ashok
and Sunil - who are already in jail in the connection with the
case, were booked under the Gangster Act yesterday, SP (City)
Kirshanbahadur Singh said.
The police have been able to recover only Rs 12,000
and two gold rings from Pradeep, who was earlier taken into
six days custody to recover the looted cash and ornaments, he
Revati Singh (75), wife of senior BJP leader Hukum
Singh, was murdered and Rs 68 lakhs in cash and ornaments were
looted from their house on July 30, 2010.
Rs 52,80,000 of the looted amount was later recovered
from the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan
- Landslides close Jammu-Srinagar highway; Amarnath Yatra suspended
- Italian leaders vow to prevent terrorist attacks
- UN chief voices concern over Turkey situation
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic