Rita Joshi embezzled party funds: UP Cong treasurer
Lucknow/New Delhi: In a startling revelation on Wednesday, the treasurer of Uttar Pradesh Congress, Deepak Gupta has accused state party president Rita Bahuguna Joshi of embezzlement of party funds.
Gupta alleged that Rita has spent about Rs 2 crore from party fund on her personal expense. He had reportedly even informed Digvijay Singh, the incharge of UP Congress, about the issue but no action was taken.
Reacting to the allegations, party high command has removed Gupta from his post and has ordered an internal inquiry.
Probe has started in Gupta’s charges and party sources have confirmed that action could be taken against party leaders including Rita Joshi.
Meanwhile, Joshi has accepted misuse of party fund and said that an internal audit had been ordered for the same.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- HC tells cops to act if offence made out against Owaisi
- After Kejriwal's dramatic video message, sacked AAP minister claims his life under threat from Delhi CM
- Ruthlessness and positive the key to success in bowling: Ishant Sharma
- Telangana: suspension of 11 lower court judges revoked
- Aung San Suu Kyi keen to visit India