Rita Joshi embezzled party funds: UP Cong treasurer
Lucknow/New Delhi: In a startling revelation on Wednesday, the treasurer of Uttar Pradesh Congress, Deepak Gupta has accused state party president Rita Bahuguna Joshi of embezzlement of party funds.
Gupta alleged that Rita has spent about Rs 2 crore from party fund on her personal expense. He had reportedly even informed Digvijay Singh, the incharge of UP Congress, about the issue but no action was taken.
Reacting to the allegations, party high command has removed Gupta from his post and has ordered an internal inquiry.
Probe has started in Gupta’s charges and party sources have confirmed that action could be taken against party leaders including Rita Joshi.
Meanwhile, Joshi has accepted misuse of party fund and said that an internal audit had been ordered for the same.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi