Rita Joshi embezzled party funds: UP Cong treasurer
Lucknow/New Delhi: In a startling revelation on Wednesday, the treasurer of Uttar Pradesh Congress, Deepak Gupta has accused state party president Rita Bahuguna Joshi of embezzlement of party funds.
Gupta alleged that Rita has spent about Rs 2 crore from party fund on her personal expense. He had reportedly even informed Digvijay Singh, the incharge of UP Congress, about the issue but no action was taken.
Reacting to the allegations, party high command has removed Gupta from his post and has ordered an internal inquiry.
Probe has started in Gupta’s charges and party sources have confirmed that action could be taken against party leaders including Rita Joshi.
Meanwhile, Joshi has accepted misuse of party fund and said that an internal audit had been ordered for the same.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack