Road rage: Student beaten to death by three youths in UP
Ghaziabad: In a case of road rage, a Class XII student was beaten to death by three unidentified youths after a bike he was riding pillion on hit their bike in Loni area.
The incident took place on Sunday night when 19-year-old Shanky alias Sagar along with his friend Sonu was going to his house on a bike.
"When Shanky and Sonu reached near Balram Colony, their bike hit another bike on which three youths were riding on. After the collision, the three youths fell on the road which angered them," Arvind Yadav, circle officer, Ghaziabad, said.
"When Shanky, who was riding pillion, and Sonu were leaving, the youths nabbed Shanky and let off Sonu with his bike. After that, the accused brutally started beating him up. Accused fled from the spot," he said.
After the incident, Shanky was rushed to GTB Hospital in Delhi where he was declared brought dead.
Police said the three youths are yet to be identified and they are scanning footages of CCTV cameras installed in nearby areas to identify them.
A case of murder has been registered against them at Loni Police Station.
"We are investigating the case and all three accused youths would be arrested soon," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!