Robber shot dead in police encounter in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A man wanted in several cases of
robbery and murder, carrying a reward of Rs 25,000 on his
head, was shot dead by police in an encounter in the district
Two policemen, including a Station House Officer, were
injured in the exchange of fire, Superintendent of Police
(Rural) M M Beg said.
Rashid alias Bhura, a resident of Bareilly in Uttar
Pradesh, was killed when he was escaping along with two
accomplices after robbing an iron scrap trader of a car and Rs
6,000 in cash in Bhojpur area.
Acting on an information, police chased the robbers and
an exchange of fire ensued on Modinagar-Hapur road, the SP
said adding, while Bhura was shot dead, his two associates
managed to escape.
Police recovered the looted car and cash. Bhura was
wanted in cases of murder and robbery in Rajasthan, Delhi
Uttaranchal and UP, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Monaco Grand Prix: Daniel Ricciardo secures maiden pole in Monte Carlo
- He has to forgive me someday: Arijit Singh on row with Salman Khan
- IPL 9 Video: This is how Kolkata Knight Riders thank supportive fans!
- Delhi-NCR emerges leader in job creation among 8 cities
- Rahul Gandhi holds 'Mashal Juloos' protest against AAP govt; attempts to corner PM Modi