Rs 91 lakh unaccounted cash seized in UP
Ghaziabad (UP): Unaccounted Rs 91 lakh cash
was on Thursday seized from three different cars here, police said.
A car on way to Delhi was today intercepted in Vijaynagar
area and Rs 65 lakh cash was seized, they said.
A sum of Rs 21 lakh was seized from a car in Kavinagar
police station area, while Rs five lakh was seized from
another car in Sihani gate area, they said.
The drivers of the three vehicles have been arrested and
a probe is on by the Income Tax Department, they said.
In view of the Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls starting on
February, the Election Commission has imposed restrictions on
moving with cash over Rs one lakh in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note