Rs 91 lakh unaccounted cash seized in UP
Ghaziabad (UP): Unaccounted Rs 91 lakh cash
was on Thursday seized from three different cars here, police said.
A car on way to Delhi was today intercepted in Vijaynagar
area and Rs 65 lakh cash was seized, they said.
A sum of Rs 21 lakh was seized from a car in Kavinagar
police station area, while Rs five lakh was seized from
another car in Sihani gate area, they said.
The drivers of the three vehicles have been arrested and
a probe is on by the Income Tax Department, they said.
In view of the Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls starting on
February, the Election Commission has imposed restrictions on
moving with cash over Rs one lakh in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet