Security of women on night shifts to be enhanced: UP DGP
Ghaziabad: The Uttar Pradesh DGP on Sunday
directed police chiefs of the NCR to ensure the safety of
women during night shifts by enhancing their security.
Karam Bir Singh directed the police chiefs of districts,
including Ghaziabad and Noida for adopting more relevant
security measures for those women who attend night shifts in
companies and call centres.
The DGP has issued directions to prepare the list of the
women who work on night shifts, police said.
Ghaziabad and Noida police have started to prepare the
list of those call centres and companies where women work at
night and leave their office in or after midnight, they said.
More police force and police vehicles will remain on
road for providing the security to women, they said.
SSP Ghaziabad Raghu Bir Lal directed all police post
incharges to follow the direction. He also deployed more
vehicles and force in the city for women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees