Security of women on night shifts to be enhanced: UP DGP
Ghaziabad: The Uttar Pradesh DGP on Sunday
directed police chiefs of the NCR to ensure the safety of
women during night shifts by enhancing their security.
Karam Bir Singh directed the police chiefs of districts,
including Ghaziabad and Noida for adopting more relevant
security measures for those women who attend night shifts in
companies and call centres.
The DGP has issued directions to prepare the list of the
women who work on night shifts, police said.
Ghaziabad and Noida police have started to prepare the
list of those call centres and companies where women work at
night and leave their office in or after midnight, they said.
More police force and police vehicles will remain on
road for providing the security to women, they said.
SSP Ghaziabad Raghu Bir Lal directed all police post
incharges to follow the direction. He also deployed more
vehicles and force in the city for women.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma