Security of women on night shifts to be enhanced: UP DGP
Ghaziabad: The Uttar Pradesh DGP on Sunday
directed police chiefs of the NCR to ensure the safety of
women during night shifts by enhancing their security.
Karam Bir Singh directed the police chiefs of districts,
including Ghaziabad and Noida for adopting more relevant
security measures for those women who attend night shifts in
companies and call centres.
The DGP has issued directions to prepare the list of the
women who work on night shifts, police said.
Ghaziabad and Noida police have started to prepare the
list of those call centres and companies where women work at
night and leave their office in or after midnight, they said.
More police force and police vehicles will remain on
road for providing the security to women, they said.
SSP Ghaziabad Raghu Bir Lal directed all police post
incharges to follow the direction. He also deployed more
vehicles and force in the city for women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued