Security reviewed ahead of Durga Puja in Faizabad
Faizabad: In a bid to prevent recurrence of last year`s communal violence during idol immersion, senior police and administrative officials on Sunday reviewed security arrangements ahead of Durga Puja in Faizabad.
Inspector General of Police Subhash Chandra and Faizabad Divisional Commissioner Sanjay Prasad today held a meeting with police and administrative officials of the district and discussed security preparations.
"We are reviewing security arrangements in Faizabad regularly and drawing lessons from last year`s incidents we are cautious this time and trying to ensure that each loop hole is plugged," District Magistrate Vipin K Dviwedi said.
Communal violence flared up in Faizabad last year during immersion of Durga idols.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok