Senior bank official found dead in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: A senior official of Punjab National Bank (PNB) belonging to Delhi was found dead in a hotel room in Uttar Pradesh`s Bareilly district, police said on Saturday.
Kulbhushan Sharma, 48, chief auditor of PNB, was found dead late Friday inside the Tea Rose hotel, some 300 km from Lucknow. The police found the body after hotel staff called them up as Sharma was not responding to the doorbell.
Sharma, who had a touring job and primarily looked after the work of two branches of the PNB in Bareilly, was a resident of Delhi. During his stay in Bareilly, he used to reside in hotels.
"Kulbhushan was staying in the hotel since July 14. He often used to stay in the same hotel as it provided him proximity to the Civil Lines and the Rajendra Nagar branches of the bank," police inspector GK Sharma told reporters in Bareilly.
"We have intimated Kulbhushan`s family in Delhi about his death," he said.
"We are trying to ascertain the reason behind the death," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi