Senior bank official found dead in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: A senior official of Punjab National Bank (PNB) belonging to Delhi was found dead in a hotel room in Uttar Pradesh`s Bareilly district, police said on Saturday.
Kulbhushan Sharma, 48, chief auditor of PNB, was found dead late Friday inside the Tea Rose hotel, some 300 km from Lucknow. The police found the body after hotel staff called them up as Sharma was not responding to the doorbell.
Sharma, who had a touring job and primarily looked after the work of two branches of the PNB in Bareilly, was a resident of Delhi. During his stay in Bareilly, he used to reside in hotels.
"Kulbhushan was staying in the hotel since July 14. He often used to stay in the same hotel as it provided him proximity to the Civil Lines and the Rajendra Nagar branches of the bank," police inspector GK Sharma told reporters in Bareilly.
"We have intimated Kulbhushan`s family in Delhi about his death," he said.
"We are trying to ascertain the reason behind the death," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes