Seven die due to cold in UP
Lucknow: Seven persons died in the past 24 hours in different parts of Uttar Pradesh as cold wave conditions prevailed across the state.
While three deaths were reported from Barabanki district, two persons died in Muzaffarnagar and one each in Hardoi and Bijnor districts, official sources said here today.
According to the Met office, maximum temperature was below normal by 5 to 12 degrees celsius in many parts of the state.
Cold conditions prevailed over some parts of the state, it said, adding, the weather was mainly dry over the state.
Night temperatures rose in Meerut division and fell in Varanasi division. The temperature was above normal in Bareilly, below normal in Meerut, Kanpur and Varanasi and normal elsewhere.
The lowest minimum temperature in the state was 3.4 degrees celsius recorded at Fatehgarh.
The Met department said that the weather would be mainly dry over the state and fog would occur in many parts.
It has warned that cold conditions would continue to prevail over many parts of the state during next 24 hours and dense fog with visibility upto 100 metre or less would occur over many parts of UP during next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter