Seven die due to cold in UP
Lucknow: Seven persons died in the past 24 hours in different parts of Uttar Pradesh as cold wave conditions prevailed across the state.
While three deaths were reported from Barabanki district, two persons died in Muzaffarnagar and one each in Hardoi and Bijnor districts, official sources said here today.
According to the Met office, maximum temperature was below normal by 5 to 12 degrees celsius in many parts of the state.
Cold conditions prevailed over some parts of the state, it said, adding, the weather was mainly dry over the state.
Night temperatures rose in Meerut division and fell in Varanasi division. The temperature was above normal in Bareilly, below normal in Meerut, Kanpur and Varanasi and normal elsewhere.
The lowest minimum temperature in the state was 3.4 degrees celsius recorded at Fatehgarh.
The Met department said that the weather would be mainly dry over the state and fog would occur in many parts.
It has warned that cold conditions would continue to prevail over many parts of the state during next 24 hours and dense fog with visibility upto 100 metre or less would occur over many parts of UP during next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list