Seven die due to cold in UP
Lucknow: Seven persons died in the past 24 hours in different parts of Uttar Pradesh as cold wave conditions prevailed across the state.
While three deaths were reported from Barabanki district, two persons died in Muzaffarnagar and one each in Hardoi and Bijnor districts, official sources said here today.
According to the Met office, maximum temperature was below normal by 5 to 12 degrees celsius in many parts of the state.
Cold conditions prevailed over some parts of the state, it said, adding, the weather was mainly dry over the state.
Night temperatures rose in Meerut division and fell in Varanasi division. The temperature was above normal in Bareilly, below normal in Meerut, Kanpur and Varanasi and normal elsewhere.
The lowest minimum temperature in the state was 3.4 degrees celsius recorded at Fatehgarh.
The Met department said that the weather would be mainly dry over the state and fog would occur in many parts.
It has warned that cold conditions would continue to prevail over many parts of the state during next 24 hours and dense fog with visibility upto 100 metre or less would occur over many parts of UP during next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur