SK Agarwal is new UP Election Commissioner
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has appointed retired IAS officer Satish Kumar Agarwal as the new State Election Commissioner (SEC), official sources said on Wednesday.
A 1974 batch IAS officer, Agarwal was considered close to the SP and had held the post of Principal Secretary Home and PWD departments in the previous Mulayam Singh Yadav regime.
Agarwal will replace Rajendra Bhaunwal, who retired on April 4.
The officer remained under suspension for over two years and was later given an insignificant posting in the Mayawati regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley