SK Agarwal is new UP Election Commissioner
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has appointed retired IAS officer Satish Kumar Agarwal as the new State Election Commissioner (SEC), official sources said on Wednesday.
A 1974 batch IAS officer, Agarwal was considered close to the SP and had held the post of Principal Secretary Home and PWD departments in the previous Mulayam Singh Yadav regime.
Agarwal will replace Rajendra Bhaunwal, who retired on April 4.
The officer remained under suspension for over two years and was later given an insignificant posting in the Mayawati regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof