SK Agarwal is new UP Election Commissioner
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has appointed retired IAS officer Satish Kumar Agarwal as the new State Election Commissioner (SEC), official sources said on Wednesday.
A 1974 batch IAS officer, Agarwal was considered close to the SP and had held the post of Principal Secretary Home and PWD departments in the previous Mulayam Singh Yadav regime.
Agarwal will replace Rajendra Bhaunwal, who retired on April 4.
The officer remained under suspension for over two years and was later given an insignificant posting in the Mayawati regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred