Son shot dead his father over property dispute
Hapur: A man allegedly shot dead his 80-year-old father in the district over the property dispute, police said here on Wednesday.
Brijpal was shot dead last night by his elder son Papu and his accomplice in Pilkhuwa area here, they said.
Police said that Papu wanted his father to transfer his property on his name, but he didn`t, which angered Papu.
"When Brijpal was at home, his elder son Papu along with one of his friends on a bike reached there. There were heated arguments between Bripal and Papu over property dispute for few minutes", a senior police officer.
When Brijpal clearly told Pappu that he can`t register his property on his name, Papu opened fire at his father and fled from the spot with his accomplice, police said.
"Brijpal suffered two bullets," said the police officer.
After the incident, Brijpal was rushed to nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead.
` Brijpal`s younger son has registered a case against Papu and his accomplice.
Family members told police that Papu had also tried to kill his father by mixing poison in his cold drink one week ago.
Investigations are on and accused would be arrested soon, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- JNU shouts anti-nationalist slogans; nation questions intent
- Ishrat Jahan was LeT terrorist, reveals David Headley
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa passes away
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches three new services for train passengers
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'