Son shot dead his father over property dispute
Hapur: A man allegedly shot dead his 80-year-old father in the district over the property dispute, police said here on Wednesday.
Brijpal was shot dead last night by his elder son Papu and his accomplice in Pilkhuwa area here, they said.
Police said that Papu wanted his father to transfer his property on his name, but he didn`t, which angered Papu.
"When Brijpal was at home, his elder son Papu along with one of his friends on a bike reached there. There were heated arguments between Bripal and Papu over property dispute for few minutes", a senior police officer.
When Brijpal clearly told Pappu that he can`t register his property on his name, Papu opened fire at his father and fled from the spot with his accomplice, police said.
"Brijpal suffered two bullets," said the police officer.
After the incident, Brijpal was rushed to nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead.
` Brijpal`s younger son has registered a case against Papu and his accomplice.
Family members told police that Papu had also tried to kill his father by mixing poison in his cold drink one week ago.
Investigations are on and accused would be arrested soon, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!