Sonia Gandhi inaugurates projects in Rae Bareli
Rae Bareli: Congress president Sonia
Gandhi on Tuesday inaugurated various projects, including road
schemes under PMGSY, and heard problems of citizens of her Rae
Bareli parliamentary constituency.
On the second day of her three-day visit to the
constituency, Gandhi performed rituals and inaugurated 10 road
projects covering a distance of 32.165 km constructed under
PMGSY at a cost of Rs 10.58 crores at Bela Tikari village.
Prior to this, the Congress chief attended a
function organised at Kajjiyana village by UCO bank in
association with Rajiv Gandhi Mahila Vikas Pariyojna to
disburse loan among self-help groups (SHGs).
During the function, she distributed cheques of Rs 2.5
lakh each provided by the bank at an interest rate of four
per cent among the SHGs.
She also handed over cheques of Rs 2.5 lakh each for
Kajjiyana and Khalispur for solar energy programme. These
villages have been adopted by the UCO bank.
Gandhi, who inaugurated mobile service of the bank,
also distributed sports kits to both the villages.
In the morning, she met local residents and party
workers at NTPC guest house and heard their problems.
She toured nearly one dozen villages, including
Chichamau, Maharani ka Purwa, Khajuri, Tikari Ghazipur and
Daulat ka Purwa and interacted with the villagers during her
whirlwind tour, party sources said.
"People apprised Gandhi of their problems, including
erratic power supply and shortage of potable water," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official