SP, BSP should clear stand on FDI in retail: Rajnath
Lucknow: BJP leader Rajnath Singh on Saturday asked the Samajwadi Party and the Bahujan Samaj Party to clear their stand on the issue of foreign direct investment in retail.
"I want to appeal to SP and BSP to clear their stand on the issue of FDI in retail. On one hand, the two parties say they oppose FDI in retail, on the other they have an understanding with the Congress-led UPA," Rajnath said here.
He also appealed to both the parties to vote against the FDI, keeping in view the "national interest".
On the outcome of the voting, Rajnath said although the results won`t affect the health of the Central government, but at least the country will be able to "recover from the serious challenge" posed before its economy due to the decision.
He accused the Congress of contempt of Parliament by taking the FDI decision without due consultation, as assured by the then Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee in the House.
"In the democratic history of the country, no government did contempt of the Parliament in this manner like the UPA did," Singh alleged.
The BJP leader said the BJP and NDA "won`t allow FDI to get implemented", as the decision will push the country towards "economic slavery".
Welcoming the decision of direct cash transfer of subsidies, he said the step, although in a right direction, came late.
"Before taking the decision the government should have ensured that bank accounts of all farmers and poor were there. Whenever elections come, government plays such tactics," he alleged.
Condemning the Uttar Pradesh government`s move to withdraw cases against terror suspects, Rajnath said the decision was driven by nothing but vote-bank politics.
He also criticised the state government for not declaring state advisory price of sugarcane, and demanded that it should be fixed at Rs 400 per quintal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know