SP MLA`s son opens fire, one dead, two injured
Bareilly: A Samajwadi Party MLA`s son and his aides allegedly fired indiscriminately at an automobile showroom here after a dispute with the staff, leaving one person dead and two others injured.
Atul Gangawar, son of SP MLA from Nawabganj Bhagwan Sharan Gangawar, and his aides allegedly fired indiscriminately at the showroom in Civil Lines late last
night when the showroom staff refused to repair a motorcycle, police said.
Three persons - Charan Singh, a Nagar Nigam employee, showroom cashier Akhilesh Kumar and manager Rajeev Sharma were injured in the firing. Showroom owner Aman Khandelwal alleged that Atul and his aides were drunk.
They were admitted to a private hospital where Charan Singh, who sustained a bullet injury in his head, died during treatment, police said.
Later police carried out a raid and arrested Atul Gangawar and recovered his licenced rifle.
Police said Atul`s vehicle had hit the motorcycle of an armyman near Chowki crossing.
"Atul had gone to get the motorcycle repaired, but the staff refused to entertain him as the showroom was closed which infuriated the MLA`s son," police sources said.
"Nobody will be allowed to take law in his hand and NSA will be evoked against Atul," IG Gurbachan Lal said after visiting the spot.
He said the MLA`s petrol pump, which is near the two-wheeler agency, has also been sealed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed