SP MLA`s son opens fire, one dead, two injured
Bareilly: A Samajwadi Party MLA`s son and his aides allegedly fired indiscriminately at an automobile showroom here after a dispute with the staff, leaving one person dead and two others injured.
Atul Gangawar, son of SP MLA from Nawabganj Bhagwan Sharan Gangawar, and his aides allegedly fired indiscriminately at the showroom in Civil Lines late last
night when the showroom staff refused to repair a motorcycle, police said.
Three persons - Charan Singh, a Nagar Nigam employee, showroom cashier Akhilesh Kumar and manager Rajeev Sharma were injured in the firing. Showroom owner Aman Khandelwal alleged that Atul and his aides were drunk.
They were admitted to a private hospital where Charan Singh, who sustained a bullet injury in his head, died during treatment, police said.
Later police carried out a raid and arrested Atul Gangawar and recovered his licenced rifle.
Police said Atul`s vehicle had hit the motorcycle of an armyman near Chowki crossing.
"Atul had gone to get the motorcycle repaired, but the staff refused to entertain him as the showroom was closed which infuriated the MLA`s son," police sources said.
"Nobody will be allowed to take law in his hand and NSA will be evoked against Atul," IG Gurbachan Lal said after visiting the spot.
He said the MLA`s petrol pump, which is near the two-wheeler agency, has also been sealed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why