Speaker for probe into use of govt funds in 2011-1
Lucknow: An all-party committee or any other agency would be asked to probe as where and how funds alloted for works under the district plan in the last financial year were spent, Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey said in the state Assembly on Thursday.
He gave the ruling after Parliamentary Affairs Minister Azam Khan said that Hukum Singh (BJP) had made a serious allegation that though Rs 9,000 was earmarked for district plan in the last financial year, work was nowhere to be seen.
The Speaker said that after consulting leaders of all parties either an all party committee or any other agency would be asked to probe it.
Khan said though the entire funds were released, it was not known where it went and demanded a probe to ascertain how the hard earned money of the people of the state was looted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof