SP`s Azamgarh rally was a flop show: BJP
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh BJP Tuesday claimed that the SP rally in Azamgarh was organised in response to Narendra Modi`s rally, but it was "a flop show".
The party also alleged that SP`s "Desh Bachao, Desh Banao (Save the Nation, Build the Nation)" rally in Azamgarh was organised on the government expenditure.
"The popularity of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi was playing on the mind of SP leaders, therefore they were in a hurry to organise a rally bigger than that of the Gujarat Chief Minister," state BJP chief spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak told reporters here.
He alleged that instead of speaking on their achievements the speakers targeted Modi.
Referring to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav`s remarks that those holding rallies should come and see how big the SP meet was, Pathak said, "From this it is clear that the pressure to organise a rally bigger than that of Modi was in their mind."
It was expected that the Chief Minister would announce compensation to families of the 46 people killed in the hooch tragedy, "but it did not happened which disappointed" the locals, he claimed.
Pathak said though the rally was organised in the name of 17 backward castes, the speakers failed to spell out the works done by the SP government for these communities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?