SP`s laptop scheme making Rahul uneasy, claims Azam
Lucknow: Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi was feeling uneasy in Uttar Pradesh due to the popularity of laptop scheme launched by the ruling Samajwadi Party government, state minister Azam Khan said on Wednesday.
"Rahul is feeling insecure in Uttar Pradesh. Our laptop scheme is making him uneasy," Azam told reporters.
On Rahul`s allegation that political forces were behind the recent riots in Muzaffarnagar, Azam said he was right.
"He is right that political forces are behind Muzaffarnagar riots... Congress has a history of orchestrating riots...Babri mosque demolition was handiwork of RSS and the then Congress government, which gave two-three days to construct temple there," Khan claimed.
About Rahul`s Rampur rally, Khan said the Congress leader should apologise to the people of Rampur as he stood with Nawabs, who had issued diktats that no one could study above eighth standard.
Khan was referring to presence of Congress MLA Nawab Kazim Ali and his mother Noor Bano on the stage during rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'