Sriprakash Jaiswal urges Ajit Singh for more Delhi-Kanpur flights
Kanpur: Union Coal Minister and local MP, Sriprakash Jaiswal has written to the Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh for increasing the frequency of Delhi-Kanpur air services from the existing two to six days a week.
Emphasising the need for augmenting the flight services, Jaiswal said in a statement here said that Kanpur is the most populated industrial town of UP and traders frequent Delhi for business purposes.
He also requested to change the current flight timings from afternoon to morning as it is causing inconveniences to the commuters. They are forced to travel to Lucknow to board the morning flight to Delhi, he said.
Earlier, services were available six days a week, three each on Delhi-Kanpur and Allahabad-Kanpur-Delhi routes respectively. Owing to the decline in commuter footfalls, it was initially reduced to three days and from September 9 curtailed further to two days a week.
Jaiswal said that Ajit Singh has assured him to look into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam