Sriprakash Jaiswal urges Ajit Singh for more Delhi-Kanpur flights
Kanpur: Union Coal Minister and local MP, Sriprakash Jaiswal has written to the Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh for increasing the frequency of Delhi-Kanpur air services from the existing two to six days a week.
Emphasising the need for augmenting the flight services, Jaiswal said in a statement here said that Kanpur is the most populated industrial town of UP and traders frequent Delhi for business purposes.
He also requested to change the current flight timings from afternoon to morning as it is causing inconveniences to the commuters. They are forced to travel to Lucknow to board the morning flight to Delhi, he said.
Earlier, services were available six days a week, three each on Delhi-Kanpur and Allahabad-Kanpur-Delhi routes respectively. Owing to the decline in commuter footfalls, it was initially reduced to three days and from September 9 curtailed further to two days a week.
Jaiswal said that Ajit Singh has assured him to look into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees