Sriprakash Jaiswal urges Ajit Singh for more Delhi-Kanpur flights
Kanpur: Union Coal Minister and local MP, Sriprakash Jaiswal has written to the Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh for increasing the frequency of Delhi-Kanpur air services from the existing two to six days a week.
Emphasising the need for augmenting the flight services, Jaiswal said in a statement here said that Kanpur is the most populated industrial town of UP and traders frequent Delhi for business purposes.
He also requested to change the current flight timings from afternoon to morning as it is causing inconveniences to the commuters. They are forced to travel to Lucknow to board the morning flight to Delhi, he said.
Earlier, services were available six days a week, three each on Delhi-Kanpur and Allahabad-Kanpur-Delhi routes respectively. Owing to the decline in commuter footfalls, it was initially reduced to three days and from September 9 curtailed further to two days a week.
Jaiswal said that Ajit Singh has assured him to look into the matter.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today