Stampede: BSP MLAs create ruckus in UP Assembly
Lucknow: The Budget Session of the Uttar Pradesh Assembly got off to a stormy start on Thursday when BSP and RLD members created ruckus during the Governor`s address to the joint session of the House and threw paper balls towards the chair.
As soon as Governor BL Joshi started his address, BSP and RLD members carrying placards and banners raised slogans and threw paper balls towards the chair forcing the Governor to complete the formality in a few minutes.
BSP and RLD members raised slogans demanding judicial probe into the Allahabad stampede and also what they termed as the dismal law and order situation in the state.
Targeting the Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh led by Akhilesh Yadav, the opposition members accused it of not handling the stampede case seriously.
The opposition members blamed the SP government for improper arrangements and crowd mismanagement that led to the stampede at the platform no-6 of the Allahabad Railway Station on Sunday evening last week.
BJP members were not present in the House as they had decided to boycott the Governor`s address.
Amidst the pandemonium, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Azam Khan was heard saying that "there was no more the government of goondas in the state".
It is to be noted that a blame game had also begun between the Centre and the state government over lapses that to the unfortunate incident.
The state government later ordered a high-level probe to ascertain what triggered the stampede. Compensation packages were also announced by the Indian Railways, the Central and the state government for the families of those who lost their lives in the tragedy and those who were injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport