Student charged with kidnapping, after he reappears
Muzaffarnagar: The college student, who
resurfaced yesterday after reportedly being killed by his
girlfriend`s relatives, and his two family members have been
charged with kidnapping and fraud by Uttar Pradesh police.
Police have detained Ajit Saini and lodged a case
against him and his two family members under section 363, 366
and 420 of IPC, said Circle Officer (CO) Shashi Shekhar.
After a body with a slit throat was found in New Mandi
area here and was identified as that of Ajit by his family
which claimed that he was a victim of honour killing, the girl
Anshu Tomar`s father Narendra Tomar and her brother Anuj were
arrested by police.
Anuj, who police had earlier claimed had confessed to
have killed Ajit for "tarnishing his family`s image" by
eloping with his sister, has been released on a personal bond,
Superintendent of Police Rajiv Malhotra said today.
He has been asked to cooperate in the inquiry,
Anshu, who had resurfaced with Ajit at a police
station yesterday, would be produced in court for recording
her statement under Section 164 of CrPc, the SP said.
He claimed that Anshu admitted during interrogation
that she had eloped.
She has been sent to a government women protection
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day