Taxi scam: BSNL engineer sent to judicial custody
Ghaziabad: A divisional engineer of BSNL
was sent to 14-day judicial remand by a local court on Wednesday in
relation to the taxi scam of 2008.
Engineer Dahal Singh was produced before a magistrate
by the CBI in the Rs 1 crore scam case.
Taxis were provided to officials in BSNL Ghaziabad and
fake bills were produced and paid by the department with no
verification in 2007-08.
The case was investigated by the CBI and about 12
officers were chargesheeted in January last year but the BSNL
did not give permission to prosecute some senior officers.
CBI sources said more arrests are likely soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video