Taxi scam: BSNL engineer sent to judicial custody
Ghaziabad: A divisional engineer of BSNL
was sent to 14-day judicial remand by a local court on Wednesday in
relation to the taxi scam of 2008.
Engineer Dahal Singh was produced before a magistrate
by the CBI in the Rs 1 crore scam case.
Taxis were provided to officials in BSNL Ghaziabad and
fake bills were produced and paid by the department with no
verification in 2007-08.
The case was investigated by the CBI and about 12
officers were chargesheeted in January last year but the BSNL
did not give permission to prosecute some senior officers.
CBI sources said more arrests are likely soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai