There was threat to Narendra Modi`s life during Kanpur rally: Police
Zee Media Bureau
Kanpur: Kanpur police had received inputs about threat to BJP`s prime ministerial candidate for 2014 General Elections Narendra Modi`s rally in the city on October 19.
According to a news agency, SSP Kanpur has confirmed that police had received intelligence inputs before Gujarat Chief Minister`s rally in the city. As per the inputs, there was threat to Modi`s life, said SSP Yashasvi Yadav.
He also said that according to inputs, IEDs and rocket launchers could have been used against Modi.
Elaborate security arrangements had been made for Modi`s rally at Kalyanpur, which had been named as `Vijaya Sankhanaad`. IG law and order, RK Vishkarma, had told the reporters that seven SP rank officials, eight ASPs, 15 Deputy SPs, 40 inspectors, 700 constables, 100 lady constables and anti-sabotage team among others had been provided for the rally.
Apart from this, security personnel from Gujarat had also come for the security of Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore