Three arrested, 20,000 litres of alcohol seized in Uttar Pradesh
Bijnor: Three persons were arrested and 20,000 litres of alcohol seized from them in an early morning raid on Wednesday.
A team of the excise department, led by inspector Premchand, carried out the raid when the men were trying to unload the alcohol from a tanker in a field.
About 20,000 litres of alcohol was being used to prepare illicit liquor, the inspector said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez