Three arrested for impersonation in Bharaich
Bahraich: Three persons were arrested for attempting to pressurise the district magistrate here by allegedly impersonating as human rights representatives, a senior official said here today.
District Magistrate Kinjal Singh said that three persons claiming to be representatives of the human rights commission came to the collectorate in the afternoon yesterday and later at her camp office in the evening and attempted to pressurise her for some work.
On suspicion, the DM called police and got Muddasir Khan, Khurshid and Sadiq Ali arrested, she said.
Singh said that fake identity cards and documents were recovered from their possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate