Three arrested for impersonation in Bharaich
Bahraich: Three persons were arrested for attempting to pressurise the district magistrate here by allegedly impersonating as human rights representatives, a senior official said here today.
District Magistrate Kinjal Singh said that three persons claiming to be representatives of the human rights commission came to the collectorate in the afternoon yesterday and later at her camp office in the evening and attempted to pressurise her for some work.
On suspicion, the DM called police and got Muddasir Khan, Khurshid and Sadiq Ali arrested, she said.
Singh said that fake identity cards and documents were recovered from their possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back