Three arrested from Ambedkarnagar for killing murder witness
Lucknow: Three persons were arrested on Thursday from Ambedkarnagar district in connection with the killing of Ram Mohan Gupta, a witness in the murder case of Hindu Yuva Vahini leader Ram Babu Gupta.
Danish Irfan, Munna alias M Abrar, and Master alias M Umar were arrested by a team of the district police and on their instance a motorcycle, two country-made guns and two empty cartridges that were used in the crime have been recovered, IG Crime Ashish Gupta said.
During interrogation, Danish said that the crime was carried out on the instruction of Saif Khan- a history sheeter of Bhiwandi in Mumbai- who had been residing in Ambedkarnagar for the past some time, the IG said.
Ram Mohan Gupta was shot dead on December 4 by three motorcycle-borne assailants and an FIR was filed against four persons including local Samajwadi Party MLA, Azeemul Haq Pahelwan.
The IG, however, said that the MLA has not been questioned so far but action would be taken against him if the facts so emerge during further investigations.
Ram Mohan Gupta was nephew of Hindu Yuva Vahini leader Ram Babu Gupta and a witness in his murder in March.
Indefinite curfew was imposed in Tanda following the communal violence after Ram Babu`s murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- Invoking Ambedkar's legacy, PM Modi says no rethink on quotas as Sena boycotts his events in Mumbai