Too early to comment on formation of third front: Karat
Kanpur: CPI(M) general secretary Prakash Karat on Sunday said there was possibility of an alliance minus the Congress and the BJP after the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
"Efforts will be made to form an alliance minus Congress and BJP after the next general elections," he told PTI here.
On the possibility of formation of a third front ahead of the elections, he said it was too early to comment on this.
On the comment of senior BJP leader L K Advani on his blog that a non-Congress, non-BJP Prime Minister was feasible in 2014, he said "I will not like to react."
He also refused to comment on Team Anna`a move to enter the political arena.
Left parties will launch a nation-wide protest against the proposed Food Security Bill from September 12, Karat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites