Too early to comment on formation of third front: Karat
Kanpur: CPI(M) general secretary Prakash Karat on Sunday said there was possibility of an alliance minus the Congress and the BJP after the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
"Efforts will be made to form an alliance minus Congress and BJP after the next general elections," he told PTI here.
On the possibility of formation of a third front ahead of the elections, he said it was too early to comment on this.
On the comment of senior BJP leader L K Advani on his blog that a non-Congress, non-BJP Prime Minister was feasible in 2014, he said "I will not like to react."
He also refused to comment on Team Anna`a move to enter the political arena.
Left parties will launch a nation-wide protest against the proposed Food Security Bill from September 12, Karat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon