Too early to comment on formation of third front: Karat
Kanpur: CPI(M) general secretary Prakash Karat on Sunday said there was possibility of an alliance minus the Congress and the BJP after the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
"Efforts will be made to form an alliance minus Congress and BJP after the next general elections," he told PTI here.
On the possibility of formation of a third front ahead of the elections, he said it was too early to comment on this.
On the comment of senior BJP leader L K Advani on his blog that a non-Congress, non-BJP Prime Minister was feasible in 2014, he said "I will not like to react."
He also refused to comment on Team Anna`a move to enter the political arena.
Left parties will launch a nation-wide protest against the proposed Food Security Bill from September 12, Karat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list