Too early to comment on formation of third front: Karat
Kanpur: CPI(M) general secretary Prakash Karat on Sunday said there was possibility of an alliance minus the Congress and the BJP after the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
"Efforts will be made to form an alliance minus Congress and BJP after the next general elections," he told PTI here.
On the possibility of formation of a third front ahead of the elections, he said it was too early to comment on this.
On the comment of senior BJP leader L K Advani on his blog that a non-Congress, non-BJP Prime Minister was feasible in 2014, he said "I will not like to react."
He also refused to comment on Team Anna`a move to enter the political arena.
Left parties will launch a nation-wide protest against the proposed Food Security Bill from September 12, Karat said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way