Two DMs to file affidavit for hurting religious sentiments: Alld HC
Lucknow: The Lucknow bench of Allahabad
High Court has asked the district magistrates of Barabanki and
Lucknow to file affidavits for allegedly hurting religious
sentiments of a particular community.
The division bench comprising Justice D P Singh and
Justice S C Chaurasia gave the directions yesterday and asked
the DMs of Barabanki and Lucknow to file affidavits within two
Dharmendra Rawat of Lucknow and Vasudev Gupta of
Barabanki had moved the court claiming that their religious
sentiments were hurt by concerned DMs.
Rawat alleged that he was not permitted to recite
Ramayana and perform religious ceremony at Sadrauna village in
Kakori on November 17 last year. He also said that an FIR was
also lodged against him alleging that he was reciting Ramayana
at namaz time.
In the second matter, Gupta said that he was not
allowed to take Akhand Jyoti Kalash procession in Barabanki.
Counsel of both the petitioners, H S Jain condemned
the action of the state and termed it as `unconstitutional`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video alert! Here's how Karan Singh Grover surprised Bipasha Basu on their wedding day
- Adele’s new song 'Send My Love' is so psychedelic that you'll break your replay button – Watch here
- PHOTO: Priceless reaction of David Warner's daughters when told they'll soon meet Daddy!
- IPL 9, Qualifier 1: Gujarat Lions vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - Preview
- IPL 2016: David Warner cannot stop praising Virat Kohli's unbelievable form in ninth edition