Two DMs to file affidavit for hurting religious sentiments: Alld HC
Lucknow: The Lucknow bench of Allahabad
High Court has asked the district magistrates of Barabanki and
Lucknow to file affidavits for allegedly hurting religious
sentiments of a particular community.
The division bench comprising Justice D P Singh and
Justice S C Chaurasia gave the directions yesterday and asked
the DMs of Barabanki and Lucknow to file affidavits within two
Dharmendra Rawat of Lucknow and Vasudev Gupta of
Barabanki had moved the court claiming that their religious
sentiments were hurt by concerned DMs.
Rawat alleged that he was not permitted to recite
Ramayana and perform religious ceremony at Sadrauna village in
Kakori on November 17 last year. He also said that an FIR was
also lodged against him alleging that he was reciting Ramayana
at namaz time.
In the second matter, Gupta said that he was not
allowed to take Akhand Jyoti Kalash procession in Barabanki.
Counsel of both the petitioners, H S Jain condemned
the action of the state and termed it as `unconstitutional`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick