Two get life term for killing mother over property dispute
Mainpuri: A fast track court on Wednesday
convicted two brothers for murdering their mother and sent
them to life imprisonment.
Convicting Bhagwan Das and Bankey Lal for murdering their
mother Shiela Devi in Lakhanmau village on December 12, 2009,
fast track court judge Lallu Singh sentenced the duo to life
imprisonment and slapped a fine of Rs 50,000 each on them.
According to the prosecution, the duo wanted the woman
transfer her 45 bigha land in their name to which she had
refused, following which they killed her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account