Two men shot dead by drunk assailants in UP
Mathura: Two persons were shot dead allegedly by four men in an inebriated state near Ranvari village, police said Thursday.
The deceased identified as Sachin was shot dead last night by Mukesh Raghav of Dadari, Kapil and two brothers Jitendra and Yatindra Singh, residents of Salempur area, when all five of them were en route Barsana in their car.
"On the way, they consumed liquor. When they reached close to Ranvari village, all five got down to ease. There they allegedly shot Sachin over some old enmity. He died on the spot," SSP RKS Rathore said.
The accused then fled the spot, but some villagers heard the sound of gunshot and chased them on motorcycles, the SSP said.
When they reached near Sankhi village, their car overturned and some passersby of the village came to their rescue, he said.
However, while they were being rescued, the villagers from Ranvari who were chasing them reached the spot and told the rescuers that they had shot someone in Ranvari, after which all the villagers started beating them, Rathore said.
The villagers managed to nab Mukesh and Jitendra while Yatindra Singh and Kapil escaped, said Rathore.
During the melee, they allegedly shot at a villager Ravi, who died today.
"Ravi (20) who was instrumental in nabbing the outlaws with the help of other villagers succumbed to his injury in a hospital in Agra," said Rathore.
"Mukesh and Jitendra, who are in hospital, would be further interrogated today," said the SSP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre