Uma Bharti to launch Jal Sanrakshan Yatra today
New Delhi: Fire brand BJP leader Uma Bharti will begin her Jal San-rakshan Yatra from Allahabad on Tuesday.
This will be her second campaign in Uttar Pradesh.
She is expected to meet members from the OBC Nishad, Kevat and Kashyap communities while on her yatra.
Uma Bharti is expected to meet members from the OBC Nishad, Kevat and Kashyap communities while on her yatra.
Bharti took out "nyaya march" from the state party headquarters on Monday to protest against the policies of the Mayawati government.
Bharti, along with BJP national secretary Kirit Somaiya, president of women wing Premlata Katiyar and other leaders took out the march as a part of party`s `BJP lao, pradesh bachchao campaign,` a party spokesman said.
Initially, Bharti and other party workers were prevented by the police from proceeding, but they were later allowed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'