Uma Bharti to launch Jal Sanrakshan Yatra today
New Delhi: Fire brand BJP leader Uma Bharti will begin her Jal San-rakshan Yatra from Allahabad on Tuesday.
This will be her second campaign in Uttar Pradesh.
She is expected to meet members from the OBC Nishad, Kevat and Kashyap communities while on her yatra.
Uma Bharti is expected to meet members from the OBC Nishad, Kevat and Kashyap communities while on her yatra.
Bharti took out "nyaya march" from the state party headquarters on Monday to protest against the policies of the Mayawati government.
Bharti, along with BJP national secretary Kirit Somaiya, president of women wing Premlata Katiyar and other leaders took out the march as a part of party`s `BJP lao, pradesh bachchao campaign,` a party spokesman said.
Initially, Bharti and other party workers were prevented by the police from proceeding, but they were later allowed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui