Uma Bharti to launch Jal Sanrakshan Yatra today
New Delhi: Fire brand BJP leader Uma Bharti will begin her Jal San-rakshan Yatra from Allahabad on Tuesday.
This will be her second campaign in Uttar Pradesh.
She is expected to meet members from the OBC Nishad, Kevat and Kashyap communities while on her yatra.
Uma Bharti is expected to meet members from the OBC Nishad, Kevat and Kashyap communities while on her yatra.
Bharti took out "nyaya march" from the state party headquarters on Monday to protest against the policies of the Mayawati government.
Bharti, along with BJP national secretary Kirit Somaiya, president of women wing Premlata Katiyar and other leaders took out the march as a part of party`s `BJP lao, pradesh bachchao campaign,` a party spokesman said.
Initially, Bharti and other party workers were prevented by the police from proceeding, but they were later allowed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Vodafone launches unlimited free voice calling offer for prepaid customers