Uma Bharti to launch Jal Sanrakshan Yatra today
New Delhi: Fire brand BJP leader Uma Bharti will begin her Jal San-rakshan Yatra from Allahabad on Tuesday.
This will be her second campaign in Uttar Pradesh.
She is expected to meet members from the OBC Nishad, Kevat and Kashyap communities while on her yatra.
Uma Bharti is expected to meet members from the OBC Nishad, Kevat and Kashyap communities while on her yatra.
Bharti took out "nyaya march" from the state party headquarters on Monday to protest against the policies of the Mayawati government.
Bharti, along with BJP national secretary Kirit Somaiya, president of women wing Premlata Katiyar and other leaders took out the march as a part of party`s `BJP lao, pradesh bachchao campaign,` a party spokesman said.
Initially, Bharti and other party workers were prevented by the police from proceeding, but they were later allowed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev