Unnao gold hunt: Will file case against Charan Das Mahant, says Sharad Yadav
Zee Media Bureau
Zee Media Bureau/ Neha Attre
New Delhi: While the entire nation remains hooked to Unnao where the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) is currently digging an old fort in search of 1,000 tonnes of gold apparently dreamt by a local seer, Janata Dal (U) chief Sharad Yadav on Tuesday said that he will file a case against Union Minister Charan Das Mahant for spreading “superstition”.
Peeved at the ongoing digging work by the ASI at the 19th century fort in Unnao, the JD(U) leader reportedly said that government is encouraging superstition.
Yadav had also earlier tweeted about the excavation work and said that he was sad at the government which was being superstitious.
Earlier I heard of people being superstitious, but now saddened over Govt being superstitious. Nothing will be found after excavation.
— SHARAD YADAV (@Thesharadyadav) October 19, 2013
The ASI has been digging at the site from the past few days after a seer, Shobhan Sarkar, had a dream in which a king told him about the hidden treasure buried under the ruins at the fort of former King Raja Rao Ram Bux Singh in Unnao`s Daundia Kheda village.
The king along with Rani Laxmi Bai of Jhansi fought the British Army during the 1857 Mutiny and was overthrown in the process. He went into hiding only to be captured in Varanasi after which he was sent to the gallows.
The government has denied that the excavation work is taking place on the basis of the seer`s dream. The ASI said that the work started on the basis of a report by Geological Survey of India (GSI), which confirmed the presence of metal beneath the surface of old fort, and not merely a seer`s dream.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre