Unnao gold hunt: Will file case against Charan Das Mahant, says Sharad Yadav
Zee Media Bureau
Zee Media Bureau/ Neha Attre
New Delhi: While the entire nation remains hooked to Unnao where the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) is currently digging an old fort in search of 1,000 tonnes of gold apparently dreamt by a local seer, Janata Dal (U) chief Sharad Yadav on Tuesday said that he will file a case against Union Minister Charan Das Mahant for spreading “superstition”.
Peeved at the ongoing digging work by the ASI at the 19th century fort in Unnao, the JD(U) leader reportedly said that government is encouraging superstition.
Yadav had also earlier tweeted about the excavation work and said that he was sad at the government which was being superstitious.
Earlier I heard of people being superstitious, but now saddened over Govt being superstitious. Nothing will be found after excavation.
— SHARAD YADAV (@Thesharadyadav) October 19, 2013
The ASI has been digging at the site from the past few days after a seer, Shobhan Sarkar, had a dream in which a king told him about the hidden treasure buried under the ruins at the fort of former King Raja Rao Ram Bux Singh in Unnao`s Daundia Kheda village.
The king along with Rani Laxmi Bai of Jhansi fought the British Army during the 1857 Mutiny and was overthrown in the process. He went into hiding only to be captured in Varanasi after which he was sent to the gallows.
The government has denied that the excavation work is taking place on the basis of the seer`s dream. The ASI said that the work started on the basis of a report by Geological Survey of India (GSI), which confirmed the presence of metal beneath the surface of old fort, and not merely a seer`s dream.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- New protein gives new hope for Alzheimer's cure!
- Android users can now enjoy Prisma app!
- Another setback! Case filed against AAP workers for preventing emergency vehicle's movement
- WATCH: UNPLAYABLE! Have you seen this 'T20 ball of the century' by R Ashwin?
- Flood alert: Situation remains grim in Assam, Arunachal, railways affected in Bihar