UP abolishes Cabinet Secretary`s post
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has done away with the Cabinet Secretary`s post, put in place by erstwhile chief minister Mayawati.
As per a new government order issued by the Akhilesh Yadav government, the Cabinet Secretary system would now cease to exist.
The post had created much bad blood in the IAS fraternity as they had to take orders from cabinet secretary Shashank Shekhar Singh, who was not one of them.
The post was challenged in various courts including the Supreme Court.
Shashank Shekhar Singh took voluntary retirement on March 9, 22 days ahead of his retirement, after a two-year special extension given by Mayawati.
Jawed Usmani, currently on deputation in New Delhi, is likely to take over as the new chief secretary in place of Anoop Mishra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof