UP ATS gets transit remand for Kanpur blast accused
Mumbai: Uttar Pradesh Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) on Saturday procured transit remand for the key accused in the 2000 Kanpur bomb blast case from a local court here.
"Siddiqui, the accused, was produced before a local court where UP ATS sought transit remand for him. The remand was granted to UP police who will produce Siddiqui in the court in their state by March 2," Deputy Police Commissioner
(ATS) Pradeep Sawant told a news agency.
Acting on a tip off, ATS sleuths of Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra laid a trap and arrested Mohammed Asar Mohammed Haroon Siddiqui (37) yesterday, who was residing at Nalasopara in the neighbouring Thane district.
Siddiqui, a native of Rae Bareli in Uttar Pradesh, was staying in Mumbai and Thane since 2001. He stayed at city`s Dharavi area for a few years before shifting to Thane`s Meera Road and then to Nalasopara.
Siddiqui, a web designer by profession, is an accused in the 2000 Kanpur blast which was conducted by SIMI and Hizbul Mujahidden, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'