UP BJP leaders in Delhi to finalise LS candidates
Lucknow: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders from Uttar Pradesh flew to New Delhi on Tuesday to deliberate on the list of candidates for the forthcoming Lok Sabha polls.
They will discuss the first list of candidates which is likely to be released by Holi (March 17).
Senior BJP leaders, privy to the selection process for the 80 Lok Sabha seats, told IANS that after the completion of the `Vijay Shankhnad` rallies in the state, the national office bearers were analyzing the contribution of party leaders.
The party has gathered information on party candidates likely to be named through inputs from local units as well as the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) and the feedback is currently being collated for decision making.
"After the Tuesday meeting, names of the shortlisted LS candidates would be sent to the parliamentary board for approval," a senior party leader said.
The BJP parliamentary board is scheduled to meet March 8 and again March 13 in the national capital.
General secretary in-charge of the state and close Narendra Modi aide, Amit Shah, has been camping in the state capital for the past few days, taking direct feedback on seats, from party workers and old timers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi