UP: Coin melting racket busted, man held
Kanpur: A member of a gang involved in making
artificial jewellery by melting coins has been arrested with coins worth Rs 1.83 lakh here.
The accused, Vinay Singh, was arrested at a police
checkpost at Fazalganj area last evening with seven gunny bags
containing coins of Re 1, Rs 2 and Rs 5 denominations.
During questioning, he told police that he was taking the
coins to Jaipur in Rajasthan, where they were used for making
artificial jewellery by converting them into metal slabs.
He used to collect coins from small shopkeepers in the
city and give to the gang in Jaipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone