UP: Coin melting racket busted, man held
Kanpur: A member of a gang involved in making
artificial jewellery by melting coins has been arrested with coins worth Rs 1.83 lakh here.
The accused, Vinay Singh, was arrested at a police
checkpost at Fazalganj area last evening with seven gunny bags
containing coins of Re 1, Rs 2 and Rs 5 denominations.
During questioning, he told police that he was taking the
coins to Jaipur in Rajasthan, where they were used for making
artificial jewellery by converting them into metal slabs.
He used to collect coins from small shopkeepers in the
city and give to the gang in Jaipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?