UP: Coin melting racket busted, man held
Kanpur: A member of a gang involved in making
artificial jewellery by melting coins has been arrested with coins worth Rs 1.83 lakh here.
The accused, Vinay Singh, was arrested at a police
checkpost at Fazalganj area last evening with seven gunny bags
containing coins of Re 1, Rs 2 and Rs 5 denominations.
During questioning, he told police that he was taking the
coins to Jaipur in Rajasthan, where they were used for making
artificial jewellery by converting them into metal slabs.
He used to collect coins from small shopkeepers in the
city and give to the gang in Jaipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs