UP: Dalit woman raped, murdered in Rampur district
Rampur: A Dalit woman was allegedly
murdered after being gang-raped in Shabhad tehsil of Rampur
district, around 60 kilometres from here, police said.
The victim`s half clad body was recovered from a field on
Wednesday, they said, adding, the post mortem report has
revealed that she was murdered by strangulation.
Neeraj alias Geeta, wife of Sanjeev, who was a state
appointed `Asha` in the village, was returning along with her
husband after a medical check up, when six persons, equipped
with fire arms, abducted them.
The miscreants looted mobile phones of the couple besides
Geeta`s ear rings, they said, adding, the group later tide
Sanjeev with a tree, before raping her.
As soon as the report of the incident reached divisional
and district headquarters, Inspector General Police MK Bashal
visited the site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray