UP: Forced to marry, minor girl commits suicide
Muzaffarnagar: A minor girl here allegedly committed suicide after being pressurised by her parents to marry a middle-aged man, police said on Sunday.
The body of Rajni (17), was found hanging in her house in Krishnapuri locality yesterday, they said adding that the body has been sent for post-mortem and the girl`s father is being questioned in this regard.
Meanwhile, a 36-year-old woman was beaten to death by her husband over an alleged illicit relationship in the Manlandi village of neighbouring Prabudhnagar district yesterday.
The husband was arrested and a case of murder was lodged against him, police said.
In yet another incident, a 48-year-old woman Kanti ended life by jumping into a river yesterday. She was said to be upset over a family dispute, police said.
Probe into the matter is on, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Indian-American Christians condemn attack on Syria church head
- UK opposition leader says Brexit vote is due to anger at governments
- Whoa! Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra's 4-minute act at IIFA costs a bomb!
- S Asians disappointed over US apex court ruling on immigration
- 'Sad day for Europe, Britain,' says German foreign minister