UP: Forced to marry, minor girl commits suicide
Muzaffarnagar: A minor girl here allegedly committed suicide after being pressurised by her parents to marry a middle-aged man, police said on Sunday.
The body of Rajni (17), was found hanging in her house in Krishnapuri locality yesterday, they said adding that the body has been sent for post-mortem and the girl`s father is being questioned in this regard.
Meanwhile, a 36-year-old woman was beaten to death by her husband over an alleged illicit relationship in the Manlandi village of neighbouring Prabudhnagar district yesterday.
The husband was arrested and a case of murder was lodged against him, police said.
In yet another incident, a 48-year-old woman Kanti ended life by jumping into a river yesterday. She was said to be upset over a family dispute, police said.
Probe into the matter is on, they said.
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court