UP government doles out unemployment allowances
Lucknow: The Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh launched its much hyped Unemployment allowance scheme for youth at a function here on Sunday.
Launching the scheme, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav handed over cheques to over 10,000 unemployed youth at the presence of SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav.
The scheme assures a monthly allowance of Rs. 1000 to the beneficiary youths.
High school passed unemployed in the age group of 25 years to 40 years, whose family income is less than Rs 36,000 per annum are eligible to avail the benefit.
The scheme was one of one of the key poll promises of SP during the last Assembly election.
The scheme was launched during the last regime of the SP and was abolished by the previous BSP regime.
About 96,000 unemployed people, including women, have been selected for the scheme. The scheme will cost the state exchequer around Rs.16,000 crore annually.
The dole is being handed out at a time lakhs of posts lying vacant in various government departments of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore