UP government doles out unemployment allowances
Lucknow: The Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh launched its much hyped Unemployment allowance scheme for youth at a function here on Sunday.
Launching the scheme, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav handed over cheques to over 10,000 unemployed youth at the presence of SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav.
The scheme assures a monthly allowance of Rs. 1000 to the beneficiary youths.
High school passed unemployed in the age group of 25 years to 40 years, whose family income is less than Rs 36,000 per annum are eligible to avail the benefit.
The scheme was one of one of the key poll promises of SP during the last Assembly election.
The scheme was launched during the last regime of the SP and was abolished by the previous BSP regime.
About 96,000 unemployed people, including women, have been selected for the scheme. The scheme will cost the state exchequer around Rs.16,000 crore annually.
The dole is being handed out at a time lakhs of posts lying vacant in various government departments of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?