UP government doles out unemployment allowances
Lucknow: The Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh launched its much hyped Unemployment allowance scheme for youth at a function here on Sunday.
Launching the scheme, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav handed over cheques to over 10,000 unemployed youth at the presence of SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav.
The scheme assures a monthly allowance of Rs. 1000 to the beneficiary youths.
High school passed unemployed in the age group of 25 years to 40 years, whose family income is less than Rs 36,000 per annum are eligible to avail the benefit.
The scheme was one of one of the key poll promises of SP during the last Assembly election.
The scheme was launched during the last regime of the SP and was abolished by the previous BSP regime.
About 96,000 unemployed people, including women, have been selected for the scheme. The scheme will cost the state exchequer around Rs.16,000 crore annually.
The dole is being handed out at a time lakhs of posts lying vacant in various government departments of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves