UP government protecting Raja Bhaiya: Mayawati
New Delhi: Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) chief Mayawati Wednesday said the Uttar Pradesh government was protecting former minister Raja Bhaiyya, who has been booked for the murder of a senior police officer.
"The Samajwadi Party (SP) government in the state is protecting Raja Bhaiyya, otherwise he would have been arrested by now," Mayawati told reporters here.
Independent legislator from Kunda Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiyya Monday quit as the state food and civil supplies minister after he was charged with conspiring for the murder of Deputy Superintendent of Police Zia-ul Haq.
Haq was killed by an irate mob in Pratapgarh late Saturday. But his widow accused Raja Bhaiyya of being the key conspirator in the murder of her husband.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has ordered a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the police officer`s murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'