UP government protecting Raja Bhaiya: Mayawati
New Delhi: Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) chief Mayawati Wednesday said the Uttar Pradesh government was protecting former minister Raja Bhaiyya, who has been booked for the murder of a senior police officer.
"The Samajwadi Party (SP) government in the state is protecting Raja Bhaiyya, otherwise he would have been arrested by now," Mayawati told reporters here.
Independent legislator from Kunda Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiyya Monday quit as the state food and civil supplies minister after he was charged with conspiring for the murder of Deputy Superintendent of Police Zia-ul Haq.
Haq was killed by an irate mob in Pratapgarh late Saturday. But his widow accused Raja Bhaiyya of being the key conspirator in the murder of her husband.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has ordered a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the police officer`s murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand