UP government protecting Raja Bhaiya: Mayawati
New Delhi: Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) chief Mayawati Wednesday said the Uttar Pradesh government was protecting former minister Raja Bhaiyya, who has been booked for the murder of a senior police officer.
"The Samajwadi Party (SP) government in the state is protecting Raja Bhaiyya, otherwise he would have been arrested by now," Mayawati told reporters here.
Independent legislator from Kunda Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiyya Monday quit as the state food and civil supplies minister after he was charged with conspiring for the murder of Deputy Superintendent of Police Zia-ul Haq.
Haq was killed by an irate mob in Pratapgarh late Saturday. But his widow accused Raja Bhaiyya of being the key conspirator in the murder of her husband.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has ordered a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the police officer`s murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA