UP govt directs setting up of ICUs in 9 districts
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has directed setting up of Intensive Care Units in nine districts of the state for an effective check on Japanese encephalitis and acute encephalitis syndrome.
Chief Secretary Javed Usmani had yesterday directed that 10-bed ICUs should be set up in Basti, Sant Kabir Nagar, Siddharth Nagar, Gorakhpur, Deoria, Kushinagar, Maharajganj, Bahraich and Lakhimpur districts at a cost of Rs 23 crore.
He directed that in order to check the outbreak of JE and AES in 20 districts of the state various schemes should be completed at the earliest.
The CS also directed various departments to prepare their action plan and send it to the Centre by June 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city