UP govt directs setting up of ICUs in 9 districts
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has directed setting up of Intensive Care Units in nine districts of the state for an effective check on Japanese encephalitis and acute encephalitis syndrome.
Chief Secretary Javed Usmani had yesterday directed that 10-bed ICUs should be set up in Basti, Sant Kabir Nagar, Siddharth Nagar, Gorakhpur, Deoria, Kushinagar, Maharajganj, Bahraich and Lakhimpur districts at a cost of Rs 23 crore.
He directed that in order to check the outbreak of JE and AES in 20 districts of the state various schemes should be completed at the earliest.
The CS also directed various departments to prepare their action plan and send it to the Centre by June 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...