UP govt directs setting up of ICUs in 9 districts
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has directed setting up of Intensive Care Units in nine districts of the state for an effective check on Japanese encephalitis and acute encephalitis syndrome.
Chief Secretary Javed Usmani had yesterday directed that 10-bed ICUs should be set up in Basti, Sant Kabir Nagar, Siddharth Nagar, Gorakhpur, Deoria, Kushinagar, Maharajganj, Bahraich and Lakhimpur districts at a cost of Rs 23 crore.
He directed that in order to check the outbreak of JE and AES in 20 districts of the state various schemes should be completed at the earliest.
The CS also directed various departments to prepare their action plan and send it to the Centre by June 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region