UP govt employees call off indefinite strike
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government employees
agitating over alleged police action against them during a
demonstration demanding pay parity with central government
employees on Saturday night called off their indefinite strike following
an assurance from the government to look into their 14-point
charter of demands.
The strike which had entered it second day today was
called off after the Additional Cabinet Secretary Vijay
Shankar Pandey assured representatives of the Karamchari
Shikshak Sanyukt Morcha to take a sympathetic view of their
demands and put an immediate end to all punitive action, an
official spokesman here said.
President of the joint forum V P Mishra and its Convenor
and S P Tewari, who met Pandey tonight, were told that their
14-point demands will get a positive consideration on January
25 and all punitive action against agitating government
employees will be withdrawn immediately, the spokesman said.
Directives in this regard would also be forwarded to the
DMs and departmental heads to stop all arrest, they were
On the demand for action against the District Magistrate
and DIG of Lucknow who allegedly took law into their hands,
the employees were assured that it would be as per the report
of the Lucknow Commissioner who has been asked to conduct an
inquiry into it, the spokesman said.
The process to immediately release the employees sent to
jail would also start, the spokesman said, adding that in
view of these assurances the strike has been called off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers