UP govt orders inquiry into sale of sugar mills
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government today decided to conduct an inquiry into the sale of sugar mills of UP State Sugar Corporation Limited (UPPSSCL) during the previous BSP regime.
During a meeting of the state cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav here, a decision was taken to conduct an inquiry into the sale of UPSSCL sugar mills by Lokayukta, an official spokesman said here today.
Earlier, a large-scale scam was alleged in the sale of sugar mills during BSP regime. It was alleged that the sugar mills were sold at throwaway prices to select private bidders.
In addition to this, in order to promote rice export the cabinet decided to implement UP Rice Export Policy 2012.
It also approved a proposal to construct a four-lane road between Etawah and Mainpuri, besides finalising the policy to implement schemes of minor irrigation in new form.
The cabinet approved the ninth amendment in UP Secretariat Subordinate Service Rule Book.
It authorised the CM to take a decision on amount of subsidy, number and eligibility of beneficiaries of agriculture projects under National Agriculture Development Scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Now cancel counter-booked wait-listed train tickets online
- Watch: How a bionic suit helped a paralyzed father make his daughter's wedding day memorable!
- Maoists kill LJP leader, brother in Bihar
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Sania Mirza, Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna enter French Open second round
- Panama probe independent of Bachchan's presence at Modi bash: Union Law Minister