UP govt orders inquiry into sale of sugar mills
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government today decided to conduct an inquiry into the sale of sugar mills of UP State Sugar Corporation Limited (UPPSSCL) during the previous BSP regime.
During a meeting of the state cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav here, a decision was taken to conduct an inquiry into the sale of UPSSCL sugar mills by Lokayukta, an official spokesman said here today.
Earlier, a large-scale scam was alleged in the sale of sugar mills during BSP regime. It was alleged that the sugar mills were sold at throwaway prices to select private bidders.
In addition to this, in order to promote rice export the cabinet decided to implement UP Rice Export Policy 2012.
It also approved a proposal to construct a four-lane road between Etawah and Mainpuri, besides finalising the policy to implement schemes of minor irrigation in new form.
The cabinet approved the ninth amendment in UP Secretariat Subordinate Service Rule Book.
It authorised the CM to take a decision on amount of subsidy, number and eligibility of beneficiaries of agriculture projects under National Agriculture Development Scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter