UP govt presents details of devp works in Bundelkhand
Lucknow: Refuting Congress` accusation that
it is lax in using central funds for development of
Bundelkhand, the ruling BSP in Uttar Pradesh on Saturday presented
details of the works taken by it through its "limited
resources" and alleged that the Centre ignored its request for
a special economic package for the region.
"The Centre ignored our demands since 2007 for a special
package of Rs 80,000 crore for the region and only last year
announced a package of Rs 7,000 crore of which the state`s
share is around Rs 3,500 crores. Of the rest amount, Rs 1,600
crore will come in the next three years," UP cabinet secretary
Shashank Shekhar Singh told a press conference here.
"In the past four years, the state government has been
making concerted efforts through its limited resources to
deal with different problems in Bundelkhand," he said.
The state government has initiated various development
schemes for the region. Aiming at increasing the green cover
of the area, Rs 725 crore was spent to plant 10 crore
saplings, the cabinet secretary said.
Besides, the region now get 18 to 19 hours of
uninterrupted power supply due to efforts of the state
government in setting up power plants there.
A scheme has been initiated for BPL families under which
each family gets Rs 400 per month. As many as 14,00,50
families have been benefited from the scheme, Singh said.
The government has also given grants to farmers for fruit
cultivation, he said.
The cabinet secretary said the development of Bundelkhand
can be done only by making it a separate state.
Earlier in the day in Banda, Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh and Congress leader Rahul Gandhi accused the Mayawati
government of being lax in using central grants for
development of Bundelkhand and ignoring the plight of Dalits
and other weaker sections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi