UP govt signs MoUs for improving power supply in state
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Thursday signed MoUs for improved power supply in the state with special focus on renewable energy.
At a function organised at Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav`s official residence, an MoU was signed between UP Power Corporation Ltd and Lanco Babandh Power Ltd for purchase of around 425MW power for a period of 25 years.
Another MoU was signed between UPNEDA and the National Hydroelectric Power Corporation for the setting up of a 100MW solar power generation project as part of a joint venture.
Akhilesh also handed over Letters of Intent (LoI) to seven developers for solar power generation in the state.
Speaking on the occasion, the CM said that the agriculture department had started several important schemes for farmers` welfare.
Referring to the Bhoomi Sena Yojna in the state, Akhilesh said it had been launched by former UP CM and his father Mulayam Singh to reclaim and make fertile land belonging to small and marginal farmers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?