UP govt signs MoUs for improving power supply in state
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Thursday signed MoUs for improved power supply in the state with special focus on renewable energy.
At a function organised at Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav`s official residence, an MoU was signed between UP Power Corporation Ltd and Lanco Babandh Power Ltd for purchase of around 425MW power for a period of 25 years.
Another MoU was signed between UPNEDA and the National Hydroelectric Power Corporation for the setting up of a 100MW solar power generation project as part of a joint venture.
Akhilesh also handed over Letters of Intent (LoI) to seven developers for solar power generation in the state.
Speaking on the occasion, the CM said that the agriculture department had started several important schemes for farmers` welfare.
Referring to the Bhoomi Sena Yojna in the state, Akhilesh said it had been launched by former UP CM and his father Mulayam Singh to reclaim and make fertile land belonging to small and marginal farmers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 12 ultras surrender in Chhattisgarh, cite disappointment with Maoist ideology
- Flood situation grim in Arunachal Pradesh, NH-52 submerged at Namsai
- End of an era! Verizon buys Yahoo for $4.8 billion
- Leader of Opposition in Goa Assembly, Pratapsinh Rane, death penalty for drug peddlers
- AAP to move Delhi High Court against arrests of MLAs in 'false cases'