UP govt suspends recruitment of doctors in Gonda
Gonda: A day after Uttar Pradesh minister Vinod Kumar Singh resigned following allegation of abducting Gonda CMO, the state government on Saturday suspended recruitment process of the doctors in the district till further orders.
"The appointment process of 32 doctors has been suspended by the state government till further order," Additional Director Health Devipatan Division AK Gangwar said.
Though the list of selected candidates was released, no appointment letter has been issued so far, Gangwar said.
Chief Medical Officer of Gonda, SP Singh, was allegedly abducted by the minister after the list was released on Monday night.
It was alleged that the minister pressurised the CMO to include names of his choice in the list.
Taking a serious note of the incident the state government had ordered a high-level probe into the incident.
However, the minister, while refuting that any such incident took place, sent his resignation on moral grounds to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!