UP govt suspends recruitment of doctors in Gonda
Gonda: A day after Uttar Pradesh minister Vinod Kumar Singh resigned following allegation of abducting Gonda CMO, the state government on Saturday suspended recruitment process of the doctors in the district till further orders.
"The appointment process of 32 doctors has been suspended by the state government till further order," Additional Director Health Devipatan Division AK Gangwar said.
Though the list of selected candidates was released, no appointment letter has been issued so far, Gangwar said.
Chief Medical Officer of Gonda, SP Singh, was allegedly abducted by the minister after the list was released on Monday night.
It was alleged that the minister pressurised the CMO to include names of his choice in the list.
Taking a serious note of the incident the state government had ordered a high-level probe into the incident.
However, the minister, while refuting that any such incident took place, sent his resignation on moral grounds to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL