UP govt suspends recruitment of doctors in Gonda
Gonda: A day after Uttar Pradesh minister Vinod Kumar Singh resigned following allegation of abducting Gonda CMO, the state government on Saturday suspended recruitment process of the doctors in the district till further orders.
"The appointment process of 32 doctors has been suspended by the state government till further order," Additional Director Health Devipatan Division AK Gangwar said.
Though the list of selected candidates was released, no appointment letter has been issued so far, Gangwar said.
Chief Medical Officer of Gonda, SP Singh, was allegedly abducted by the minister after the list was released on Monday night.
It was alleged that the minister pressurised the CMO to include names of his choice in the list.
Taking a serious note of the incident the state government had ordered a high-level probe into the incident.
However, the minister, while refuting that any such incident took place, sent his resignation on moral grounds to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead