UP govt suspends recruitment of doctors in Gonda
Gonda: A day after Uttar Pradesh minister Vinod Kumar Singh resigned following allegation of abducting Gonda CMO, the state government on Saturday suspended recruitment process of the doctors in the district till further orders.
"The appointment process of 32 doctors has been suspended by the state government till further order," Additional Director Health Devipatan Division AK Gangwar said.
Though the list of selected candidates was released, no appointment letter has been issued so far, Gangwar said.
Chief Medical Officer of Gonda, SP Singh, was allegedly abducted by the minister after the list was released on Monday night.
It was alleged that the minister pressurised the CMO to include names of his choice in the list.
Taking a serious note of the incident the state government had ordered a high-level probe into the incident.
However, the minister, while refuting that any such incident took place, sent his resignation on moral grounds to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing