UP govt to bring housing scheme for journalists
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday said his government would soon bring a housing scheme for journalists keeping in mind the problems being faced by them.
A delegation of Uttar Pradesh Accredited Journalist Association, led by its president Hemant Tiwari and secretary Siddharth Kalhans, met the CM and raised the issue.
The delegation said while the number of journalists had increased manifold in the last 16 years, no provision of a new housing scheme was made.
Akhilesh said efforts would be intensified to provide plots to journalists at cheaper rates with the start of Patrakarpuram phase three scheme soon.
If any hurdle was faced then multi-storyed flats would be provided at cheaper rates, he said.
The CM also directed to issue an order regarding free treatment of journalists at Sanjay Gandhi Institute within a week.
Condemning the attack on mediapersons by anti-social elements during a protest meet in the state capital yesterday, he said that those guilty would not be spared.
The government would compensate journalists whose cameras and vehicles were damaged, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India