UP govt to bring housing scheme for journalists
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday said his government would soon bring a housing scheme for journalists keeping in mind the problems being faced by them.
A delegation of Uttar Pradesh Accredited Journalist Association, led by its president Hemant Tiwari and secretary Siddharth Kalhans, met the CM and raised the issue.
The delegation said while the number of journalists had increased manifold in the last 16 years, no provision of a new housing scheme was made.
Akhilesh said efforts would be intensified to provide plots to journalists at cheaper rates with the start of Patrakarpuram phase three scheme soon.
If any hurdle was faced then multi-storyed flats would be provided at cheaper rates, he said.
The CM also directed to issue an order regarding free treatment of journalists at Sanjay Gandhi Institute within a week.
Condemning the attack on mediapersons by anti-social elements during a protest meet in the state capital yesterday, he said that those guilty would not be spared.
The government would compensate journalists whose cameras and vehicles were damaged, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender