UP Govt to observe Dec 23 as `Kisan Samman Diwas`
Lucknow: The birth anniversary of former
Prime Minister Chaudhary Charan Singh would be observed as
"Kisan Samman Diwas" in the state on December 23.
Seminars and exhibitions would be put up at the state,
district and block level all over the state on the day and
farmers, who had made progress in agriculture diversification
would also be honoured.
Agriculture production commissioner, V K Sharma said
in an official release here that on the day, ministers and
other VIPs concerning respective districts would participate
in various programmes.
District Magistrates have been asked to coordinate
between all departments at the district level for organising
"Kisan Samman Diwas", Sharma added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged