UP Govt to observe Dec 23 as `Kisan Samman Diwas`
Lucknow: The birth anniversary of former
Prime Minister Chaudhary Charan Singh would be observed as
"Kisan Samman Diwas" in the state on December 23.
Seminars and exhibitions would be put up at the state,
district and block level all over the state on the day and
farmers, who had made progress in agriculture diversification
would also be honoured.
Agriculture production commissioner, V K Sharma said
in an official release here that on the day, ministers and
other VIPs concerning respective districts would participate
in various programmes.
District Magistrates have been asked to coordinate
between all departments at the district level for organising
"Kisan Samman Diwas", Sharma added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi