UP Govt to observe Dec 23 as `Kisan Samman Diwas`
Lucknow: The birth anniversary of former
Prime Minister Chaudhary Charan Singh would be observed as
"Kisan Samman Diwas" in the state on December 23.
Seminars and exhibitions would be put up at the state,
district and block level all over the state on the day and
farmers, who had made progress in agriculture diversification
would also be honoured.
Agriculture production commissioner, V K Sharma said
in an official release here that on the day, ministers and
other VIPs concerning respective districts would participate
in various programmes.
District Magistrates have been asked to coordinate
between all departments at the district level for organising
"Kisan Samman Diwas", Sharma added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss