UP Govt to observe Dec 23 as `Kisan Samman Diwas`
Lucknow: The birth anniversary of former
Prime Minister Chaudhary Charan Singh would be observed as
"Kisan Samman Diwas" in the state on December 23.
Seminars and exhibitions would be put up at the state,
district and block level all over the state on the day and
farmers, who had made progress in agriculture diversification
would also be honoured.
Agriculture production commissioner, V K Sharma said
in an official release here that on the day, ministers and
other VIPs concerning respective districts would participate
in various programmes.
District Magistrates have been asked to coordinate
between all departments at the district level for organising
"Kisan Samman Diwas", Sharma added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins