UP govt withdraws cases against Bhatta farmers
Lucknow: Fulfilling its election promise, the UP government has withdrawn cases lodged against farmers, including farmer leader Manveer Singh Tevatia, in Bhatta Parsaul in Gautam Budh Nagar district.
"The cases lodged against farmers at Daknaur police station in May, 2011 have been withdrawn by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav in public interest", a senior official said here Saturday.
The Samajwadi Party had in its election manifesto promised to withdraw cases lodged by BSP government against farmers.
The Chief Minister said these cases have been withdrawn after their review at different levels and reports from district administration and courts.
"The farmers were forced to organise protest demonstrations for getting more compensation of their lands acquired by the state", Yadav said.
The cases were lodged against farmers when their agitation turned violent at Bhatta Parsaul village.
The FIR was lodged against farmer leaders Manveer Singh Tevatia, Premveer, Kale Singh, Gaje Singh, Kiranpal, Dhan Singh and a number of other farmers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof