UP Legislative Assembly adjourned sine die
Lucknow: Pradesh Assembly was
adjourned sine die on Thursday, a day ahead of schedule, after it
witnessed unruly scenes with Samajwadi Party members demanding
the resignation of a minister for his remarks against their
leader Shivpal Singh Yadav and his family.
Pandemonium continued throughout the day after Ambika
Chowdhury (SP) pressed for the apology of Animal Husbandry
Minister Awadhpal Singh Yadav over his remarks and also
demanded that the suspension of party MLA Irfan Solanki be
revoked, as soon as the House assembled this morning.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Lalji Verma defended the
Minister saying that whatever was said was not to insult
anyone and the Leader of the Opposition should not take up the
matter further. However, Azam Khan (SP) said that the manner
in which the Minister had spoken was "indecent".
When Speaker Sukhdev Rajbhar appealed to Yadav to
forgive the Minister, Khan said it could be done only if the
latter showed the desire to be forgiven.
Awadhpal, however, charged the Samajwadi Party with
targetting him since the past three days by branding him as
corrupt, and refused to apologise, triggering anti-government
slogans by SP members.
The Leader of the Opposition reiterated his charges of
corruption in the Pradeshiya Cooperative Dairy Federation,
holding the Minister responsible for it and said that he
As the SP members trooped into the well raising slogans
demanding resignation of the Minister, the Speaker adjourned
the House for the Question Hour. There was, however, no change
in the scene as the Speaker`s request of not making it a
prestige issue, went unheard.
As the din continued, the Parliamentary Affairs Minister
brought a resolution for sine die adjournment, blaming the SP
for not allowing normal business. The resolution was passed by
The House, which was convened on August 5, was to
continue till tomorrow as per the schedule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof