UP Legislative Assembly adjourned sine die
Lucknow: Pradesh Assembly was
adjourned sine die on Thursday, a day ahead of schedule, after it
witnessed unruly scenes with Samajwadi Party members demanding
the resignation of a minister for his remarks against their
leader Shivpal Singh Yadav and his family.
Pandemonium continued throughout the day after Ambika
Chowdhury (SP) pressed for the apology of Animal Husbandry
Minister Awadhpal Singh Yadav over his remarks and also
demanded that the suspension of party MLA Irfan Solanki be
revoked, as soon as the House assembled this morning.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Lalji Verma defended the
Minister saying that whatever was said was not to insult
anyone and the Leader of the Opposition should not take up the
matter further. However, Azam Khan (SP) said that the manner
in which the Minister had spoken was "indecent".
When Speaker Sukhdev Rajbhar appealed to Yadav to
forgive the Minister, Khan said it could be done only if the
latter showed the desire to be forgiven.
Awadhpal, however, charged the Samajwadi Party with
targetting him since the past three days by branding him as
corrupt, and refused to apologise, triggering anti-government
slogans by SP members.
The Leader of the Opposition reiterated his charges of
corruption in the Pradeshiya Cooperative Dairy Federation,
holding the Minister responsible for it and said that he
As the SP members trooped into the well raising slogans
demanding resignation of the Minister, the Speaker adjourned
the House for the Question Hour. There was, however, no change
in the scene as the Speaker`s request of not making it a
prestige issue, went unheard.
As the din continued, the Parliamentary Affairs Minister
brought a resolution for sine die adjournment, blaming the SP
for not allowing normal business. The resolution was passed by
The House, which was convened on August 5, was to
continue till tomorrow as per the schedule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks