UP Police directives to ensure peaceful Lok Sabha polls
Lucknow: To ensure peaceful Lok Sabha polls in the state, Uttar Pradesh Police on Wednesday issued directives to all district police chiefs, asking them to constitute election cell and appoint nodal officers.
"The directives have been issued. The police chiefs have been asked to constitute election cell and appoint nodal officers, besides starting campaign against illicit liquor and arms, and keeping an eye on trouble makers," IG (Law and Order) Amrendra Singh Sengar told reporters here.
He said the district police chiefs had been asked to identify critical and vulnerable polling stations, and to initiate measures for them.
They have also been asked to identify places and make arrangements for the stay of para-military forces to be deployed during polls. A process is on to identify sensitive and communally-sensitive districts where more forces are to be deployed, the officer said.
Asked about the number of communally-sensitive districts in the state, Sengar said the exact number was yet to be ascertained, but some districts in the Meerut zone lie under the category.
Police have also been asked to work on shortcomings in the control room, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III